Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Lost A Tooth

Yesterdays ride home from school was pretty exciting for my friend Hillary. You see, Hillary and I carpool to school for Jordyn and Joe. Hillary picks up Jordyn from school and brings her home everyday. It works out quite nicely.
So yesterday, midway home, Jordyn starts screaming at Hillary, "PULL OVER! PULL OVER!"
Hillary, panicking, asked her what was wrong.
Jordyn says, "My TOOTH! It's GONE! It fell out and I can't find it! PULL OVER! (insert literal scream here)" She was quite hysterical about it!
Hillary told her they would look for it when they got home, calm now knowing it was just her tooth :). As I met them outside when they arrived home, they were all frantically looking through the back of the car, and I hear Jordyn scream at me, "I LOST MY TOOTH!"
Poor Hillary had to dig around the car for Jordyn's lost tooth. But it was found, and all was well again! Jordyn promptly ran it upstairs and put it under her pillow.
Apparently, she was just wiggling it and it popped right out. No wonder, because the thing has been practically dangling by a thread for over a week, but she would never let us just pull it.
See, she's missing a tooth! She says now that it's hard to recognize herself when she looks in the mirror, hahaha. :)

She left this note for the Tooth Fairy, that we, I mean the Tooth Fairy, found when she came to leave Jordyn her quarters.
So she still has her tooth, and plans to keep all of the teeth that she loses. Although we'll see how that works out! We should have another lost tooth any day now!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Lyndsay Detro said...

That is hilarious!! I can totally picture Jordyn freaking out in the back of the car. I got a good laugh out of that. I'm impressed that you were able to find her tooth, too. How fun for Jordyn!!

Unknown said...

When I first started reading this I thought it was going to be about Hilary getting LOST on the way to your house! Lol. I was really, really confused.

How fun for Jordyn! I love her cute smile. :)

cardwellclan said...

Carolyn, this was one of my favorite stories I've read for a while, how cute :) I love her toothy/toothless smile!

Janey said...

I'm loving these stories about Jordyn! Good thing you found that tiny tooth in the car!