We had a pretty crazy winter. It was cold then warm then cold then warm. And when it snowed, boy did it snow! The kids had 3 snow days this year! I never heard of so many snow days in Colorado. But each one was always justified and definitely the right call. The last one we had in March was crazy. It was the craziest storm I've seen in a long time.
This was in the morning, and it was worse than it looked in the picture, but still not horrible.
Within an hour or two it looked like this. So. much. snow. It was coming down so fast. Normally we head out and sled or something on snow days. Nope, not this one. We hunkered down and didn't leave.
Matt and my dad still had to go into work that morning, then were sent home around 10. Everything was closed! No stores or restaraunts were open that day. Miles' work canceled that morning, so we was home with us and the kids all morning. Well by the time Matt and my dad came home from work, around 10:30 ish?, this is what the street looked like. You can see our van and my dad's car down there at the bottom, completely stuck. So, Miles thought I'll take my car with AWD and make tracks for them to drive in. Nope, he backed up and there's his car completely stuck. HA! It was really a laughable situation.
Reagan wanted her picture in front of the stuck cars. :)
Our poor cars. I was laughing so hard when I took all these pictures. It was just so comical for some reason. Maybe it was one of those just laugh or else you'll go crazy situations.
When all the adults were trying to shovel the cars out, the kids decided to come play.
The little kids made snowmen with Amy next door. She's a great neighbor-grandma! The boys love her.
And my dad requested I post these, for show off sake. This is our giant pile of snow! It was probably 4 feet tall? I can't remember exactly, but it was crazy high. My dad is a crossfitter, and was showing off his jump and roll skills to the kids.
Did I mention my dad is 57? He's cool. :)
Reagan and Amy building snowmen.
You can see all the snow coming down still in this picture. And on the back left you can see our neighbors tree branches all broken and down. They had a ton of fun, but were soaked and cold pretty quickly. There was so much snow!
It made for a memorable day! We had quite an adventurous winter with all these crazy storms.
1 comment:
Man! I'm so jealous. I LOVE big storms like that. I loved the snowman pictures and the cars getting stuck were hilarious - you know, now that they aren't stuck any more. And those are cool pictures of your dad.
Post a Comment